This was one of the yummiest things I have ever made and I will say it was quite unexpected! I keep seeing healthy recipes using some sort of fruit preserve and figured why not try it. The bf was impressed, this new oven is proving to be good practice. Since I cook for only myself and the bf the portions are smaller. If you have a family or are cooking for a group I would suggest planning larger servings.
2 large uncooked organic sweet potato(es), peeled and cut into bite-size pieces (I had mashed sweet potatoes already so I used those instead)
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
1/2 cup(s) organic apricot preserves
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
4 Small organic chicken breasts
Olive Oil or Cooking Spray (to coat pan)
1 tbs Brummel & Brown
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2.Coat medium cooking dish with olive oil or cooking spray.
3.Put potatoes in pan
4. Heat up Brummel & Brown for 10-15 seconds and drizzle over potatoes (mine were mashed so I coated the bottom of the dish with the potatoes and placed the chicken on top)
5. . Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
6. Push potatoes to one side of pan, keeping them in a single layer.
7. In a small cup, stir together preserves and mustard until blended; set aside.
8. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
9. Place chicken on empty side of pan; using back of a spoon.
10. Spread 1/4 cup apricot mixture over turkey.
11. Place pan in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
12. Remove pan from oven; pour remaining apricot mixture over potatoes toss to coat.
13. Roast, tossing potatoes once or twice, until potatoes are cooked and lightly browned and chicken is cooked through, about 25 to 35 minutes more. (Since mine were mashed I only took the pan out twice to check to make sure everything was cooking evenly and half way through I turned the chicken breasts to make sure they got evenly flavored.)
14. Remove and serve!