This is an extremely fun and quick recipe to add some holiday to your dinner. Jack-O-Lantern fries are a better alternative than using regular potatoes. I have made these before just not in shapes and the dipping sauce is delish. I get excited when I find fun themed foods that aren’t difficult to make because I am not all that good with a knife. I cut myself more effectively than any food.
2 large sweet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
1tspBrown Sugar (to taste)
2 tsp Cinnamon (to taste)
2 tbsp Butter (I use Brummel & Brown it is a yogurt substitute)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
2. Peel the skin from both sweet potatoes and slice the tips off.
3. Slice the sweet potato in 1/8″ thin slices. Use a small sharp knife to “carve” jack-o-lantern faces into each sweet potato.
4. Mix the a spice recipe and 1/4 cup oil in a bowl, then carefully toss jack-o-lanterns faces in seasoning/oil mixture till coated.
5. Place the sweet potato fries side by side on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Some may get slightly black on edges but that only adds to the flavor. Just don’t let them get to blackened.
6. While potatoes are cooking melt the Brummel and Brown slowly in a pot and add cinnamon, canola oil (less than a teaspoon), honey and brown sugar and stir until everything has melted. Once the sugar and honey have melted completely and sauce has thickened. take the mixture off the stove to cool.
7. When all of the fries are finished let cool and serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!