1 pouch shortbread cookie mix
1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1 grated lemon peel
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, lemon peel and basil until soft dough forms.
3. On work surface sprinkle lightly with flour, roll dough 1/8 inch thick.
4. Cut with 2 1/2-inch scalloped-edge round cookie cutter dipped into flour.
5. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Sprinkle cookies with sugar.
7. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
8. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack and then let cool completely, about 15 minutes.
9. Brush backs of flowers with honey. Top each cookie with flower, honey-side down.
**Substitution chopped fresh rosemary for the basil.
FLOWER INFO: Did you know that there are a variety of edible flowers? Other edible flowers to try are nasturtium, impatiens and squash flowers. Don’t use flowers from your local nursery as they contain pesticides. Remember to only eat the petals!