Martini what!!! I am sure we all know that tini’s are one of my most fave things ever but so are yummy and delish Panini’s! You can add or subtract any parts really to make this your own or even try to make a version of “vodka sauce” for a Panini to be dipped into if you aren’t a fan of the idea of mayo-vodka spread. This Panini does however sound amazing and if you could manage to serve it in little martini glasses with perhaps napkins or fries in the cup with them how cute would that be! I can think of plenty of events where this snack would go over just swimmingly!
1 loaf Rustic French Bread
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons vodka
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
4 or 5 thick slices pancetta, cut into thirds (if you do not like pancetta you can use ham or turkey as well even red peppers if you want to go the vegetarian route)
1 cup arugula
10 green olives, for garnish
1. Use a brush to lightly brush on a small amount of olive oil on to each side of the bread while Panini maker or oven is heating up.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, vodka and lemon zest.
3. Place the side of the bread with oil is on the grill or Panini maker, and layer with arugula, pancetta and a good drizzle of the vodka mayo. Place the other slice of bread on top, oil side up. Repeat as many times as you can to fit the sandwiches on the grill.
4. Grill for 3 minutes on each side or use a Panini press!
5. Garnish with olive-speared toothpicks and serve immediately.
Feel free to add particular dips or garnish that suits you or your party! Change it up and have fun with it!!