I made these amazingly delish little tidbits for a party I went to over the weekend and OMFG were they good! I will say next time I will use the sauce sparingly and perhaps add a different type of meat. I used turkey pepperoni which is always awesome but I think you need the added bulk to keep the cups from getting soggy.
1 lb lean organic ground beef ( I did not use because beef is gross)
1 lb organic sausage ( I also did not use because sausage is gross)
1 cup organic spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta cheese (fresh ricotta really is best if you can get it)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp organic ground black pepper
1/4 tsp organic red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp organic parsley
1/4 tsp organic oregano
1/4 tsp organic basil
1/4 tsp organic garlic powder
1/4 tsp organic onion powder
24 wonton wrappers ( I used eggroll wrappers because the store was out of wonton wrappers)
1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese
24 cupcake cups
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown sausage and hamburger in a large skillet over medium high heat and drain. )Keep in mind I did not do this. I cut up turkey pepperoni and added it to the ricotta.)
3. Divide into 4 portions and reserve three for another night.
4. Add sauce to remaining meat mixture and stir to combine.
5. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta the and spices, stir to combine.
6. Place the cupcake cups in the muffin pan and take half the ricotta mixture and divide it among the 12 cups.
7. Top with half of the meat sauce, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
8. Place another wonton wrapper over the cheese, and repeat the layers by adding the remaining ricotta cheese, meat sauce, and top with shredded cheese.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the wonton wrappers are golden.
10. Cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes before serving.