I made this over the weekend completely for experiments sake. I have never made it before and usually when that happens I completely ruin it. This was one of the very few times I made a masterpiece out of basic leftovers I didn’t want to throw out. I will say that I basically threw stuff in a dish and cooked it so the measurements may not be quite exact.
1/4 cup fresh Chives
1/2 bag of cut frozen spinach
1 whole bag of frozen artichoke halves ( I used a bag from Trader Joes)
1/3 cup chopped white onion
1 15oz container of Skim Ricotta Cheese (I prefer using fresh ricotta but I happened to have a container of skim at the time)
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (sprinkle cheese)
1/4 cup Lite shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I also prefer to use fresh mozzarella but I had left over from another recipe)
1/2 cup Lite Shredded Cheddar Cheese
dried Celery Salt
Ground Black Pepper
*all spices add to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Put the frozen spinach and artichokes in a oven safe dish.
3. Add all of the ricotta but only some of the mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan cheese. I like to mix ingredients multiple times.
4. Chop the onion and chives then add to mixture with some more of the cheeses. You can premix the cheeses (ricotta excluded) as well which does make things a bit easier.
5. Add the spices, including sesame seeds, and mix well
6. Any left over cheese and spices add to the top and cover with aluminum foil
7. Put in the oven at 450 and let bake for 20-25 minutes ( I get up and check constantly because I have a habit of burning things)
8. Once dip seems cooked through take aluminum foil off and let bake for another 5 to 8 minutes or until top is brown.
I was going to add other vegetables like broccoli or leeks which would have chunked the dip up a bit but feel free to get creative! My dip was a perfect mixture of cheesy and veggie. I toasted some pita chips and went to town. You could also put this with pasta or even tofu!