Nutella is one of my all time fave snacks ever! I borrowed this recipe from one of my fave blogs The Green Beagle! They never lead me astray! If you have never tried Nutella before you are missing out more than you know! This stuff is soooo delish you can eat it right out of the jar! However if you do not want to be that chubby try it on toast or in a crepe with bananas I die seriously!
1 1/2 cup raw organic whole hazelnuts
1 1/2 cups organic whole milk
3/4 cup organic nonfat powered milk
1 Tbsp. mild-flavored organic honey
pinch organic sea salt
1 heaping cup chopped organic bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, or chips
1 scant cup chopped organic milk chocolate, or chips
1. On a rimmed baking sheet, toast the nuts in a 400ºF for 10 minutes, or their skins have begun to pop.
2.Transfer to a towel and gather into a bundle. Then rub together to remove as much of their skins as possible.
3. While the nuts are still warm, put them in the food processor. Blend them until they are finely ground to look pasty and thick, almost like natural peanut butter.
4. In the meantime warm the milk, powdered milk, honey and salt in a small saucepan just until the mixture starts to boil. Then remove from the heat.
5. Set a glass or stainless steel bowl over a pan of simmering water (or in the microwave) with the chocolates in it.
6. Melt the chocolates, stirring occasionally until smooth.
7. Add the melted chocolate to the ground nuts and continue to process the mixture, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
8. Add the warm milk mixture and process until everything is well blended and as smooth as you can get it. Makes about 2 cups.