I love the summer for finding interesting mixes of fruits and vegetables. I feel like you can get away with odd pairings of fruits and vegetables more in the summer than you can in the winter because you don’t have to cook things so flavors and textures don’t have to mix in ways that might not taste/look so great. This salad happens to be super quick and easy but sound so fancy everyone will be very impressed when you serve it.
1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves torn or chopped
2 cups sliced strawberries
4 slices cooked/very crispy turkey bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
salt and pepper, to taste
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1. Measure out about 6 cups of kale; toss strawberries in a large bowl.
2. Next, in a small bowl, stir crumbled bacon, Greek yogurt, sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds and salt and pepper together.
3. Leave dressing in the refrigerator to cool for a while settle together.
4. Top salad with avocado slices and mix in slowly
5. When you are ready to serve you can either mix in the dressing or leave it on the side for everyone to add as little or as much as they would like to their salad.